Saturday, June 4, 2011

kahlua creme brulee


After making lemon macarons last the weekend (which use only egg whites), I had a bunch of egg yolks leftover, which I saved in the fridge.  So the next day, I decided to use them up by making creme brulee.


I used my favorite Barefoot Contessa recipe, except I used Kahlua instead of Grand Marnier.  I poured the custard into different sized ramekins, and baked them in a water bath for 35 minutes.


I could only faintly taste the Kahlua, so maybe next time I'll try adding a little bit more.  Or maybe I'd add some espresso to the custard too.


I ended up with a lot of creme brulee, so I shared some with our neighbors, and with my girls at work. (I even brought my flame torch to work, so that they would be freshly bruleed!)  Hope everyone enjoyed them!


4 comments:

  1. GORGEOUS photos! You have the perfect crust on your creme brulee...and now I'm dying to make a kahlua version. YUM.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't see how they couldn't love them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Where can i get this recipe without buying the book? I live in India and the book's too expensive to buy and deliver here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Mehernaaz - i can take a picture of the recipe in the book for you, just send me an email!

    ReplyDelete